450g Defrosted frozen prawns
250g Bag of spinach leaves – cooked as per bags instruction to remove the volume or frozen spinach well drained of any moisture.
30ml Olive oil
250g Sliced mushrooms
1 Onion chopped
10–12 Sheets of dry pre cooked lasagne
400g Cottage cheese
75g Plain Flour
115g Strong cheddar cheese – grated
½ tsp English mustard
Salt &Black Pepper
1. Heat 20ml of the oil in a frying pan and add the onions and mushrooms cook until softened and free of liquid. Reserve until required later.
2. Oil the sides of the slow cooker using the remaining 10ml of oil. Pre heat the slow cooker on high.
3. Make the sauce by melting the butter in a pan, stir in the flour off the heat. Whisk in the milk, cheese and seasoning. Return to the heat and continue to whisk until thick and smooth.
4. Spoon a little of the cheese sauce in the bottom of the ceramic dish and cover with sheets of lasagne.
5. Make a layer of ½ the spinach, ½ the prawns, ½ the cottage cheese and ½ the onion mix.
6. Cover with sheets of lasagne
7. Repeat 5&6
8. Pour over the cheese sauce and cook with the lid on for 2 – 2 ½ hrs until the centre temperature reaches above 74oc.
9. The top can be browned under a medium grill at the end of cooking if so desired.
Serve with chunks of granary bread and a salad.
1. A balloon whisk makes smooth non-lumpy sauces every time.