Vegetarian, egg and gluten free
500g Portabella Mushrooms or Flat cap breakfast style mushrooms
2 Cloves of garlic crushed
1 Onion finely chopped
750ml Hot Vegetable stock
2tsp Balsamic vinegar
120ml Sour cream
¼ tsp. Coarse black pepper
Salt to taste after cooking
Chopped flat leaf parsley and a little of the sour cream to serve
1. Pre heat the slow cooker on high
2. Melt butter in the cooker then add the onion and the garlic
3. Sweat for 40minutes with the lid on. Then add the mushrooms and stir.
4. Continue to cook for a further 10 mins
5. Add the stock, vinegar and pepper
6. Cook with the lid on for 4hrs on high.
7. Process 2/3 the contents of the slow cooker and add 2/3 of the sour cream.
8. Pour the soup back into the slow cooker and heat till piping hot and ready to use
9. To serve pour into warmed bowls add a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
1. If using a ready made stock check the seasoning before adding any more.
2. Leaving some of the soup unprocessed gives an attractive appearance and makes ladeling from the pot simpler.