2 Large pears
3 Large firm eating apples
300ml Spanish red wine
200ml Apple juice
60ml Runny honey
Zest of 1 orange
1 Stick cinnamon
4 Cardamom pods
1. Place all the stock ingredients in the slow cooker and cook with the lid on for 1hour on high.
2. Peel and core the apples and pears .Cut the pears in ½’s and the apples into ¼ ‘s, add to the stock and cook for 1 ½ -2hours.
3. Remove the fruit in to a serving dish.
4. Strain the stock into a pan and reduce to ½ the quantity.
5. Pour the stock over the fruit and serve either hot or cold.
1. Cloudy pressed apple juice has the best flavour.