Serves 4 (Using Kenwood Slow Cooker or Curry Cooker)
450-500g Lamb leg meat – cut into strips
150ml Plain yoghurt
3 Cloves garlic - crushed
5cm piece Root ginger – approximately 25g when peeled
1 teaspoon Garam masala
1 teaspoon Ground coriander
2 teaspoons Cumin powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Fenugreek
½ teaspoon Salt
20ml Olive oil
2 Onions – finely chopped
20g Ground almonds
2 Bay leaves
2 Red chillies – de seeded and chopped
2 Green chillies – de seeded and chopped
200ml Lamb stock
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
20g Fresh coriander
20g Toasted sliced almonds
1. Mix together the components of the marinade in a bowl and add the lamb. Coat well and leave to marinate in the refridgerator for at least 1 hour.
2. In a large frying pan heat the oil and butter and fry the sliced onions until they begin to brown. Add the marinated lamb and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Pour the contents of the frying pan into the Curry cooker along with the chillies, ground almonds, lemon juice, bay leaves and stock. Turn the Curry cooker to high and cook for 1 hour.
4. Stir the contents of the Curry cooker and reduce the setting to low, continue to cook for 2-3 hours.
5. Stir in the fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve garnished with the toasted sliced almonds.