Serves 4 (Using Kenwood Slow Cooker or Curry Cooker)
100g Easy cook pudding rice
750ml Hot full fat cream milk
50g White sugar
5ml Vanilla extract
½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon Crushed cardamom seeds
50g Glace cherries – washed and cut into quarters
2 table spoons Cream – single or double
50g Pistachio nuts – roasted and chopped
1. Pre heat the Curry cooker on high
2. Place the pudding ingredients into the Curry cooker and stir.
3. Fit the lid and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours. Stir at intervals to prevent the rice sticking.
4. The pudding is done when it has become thick and creamy.
5. Spoon into a dish and chill
6. Before serving stir in the cream and sprinkle over the roasted chopped pistachio nuts.