15ml Olive oil
4 Streaky smoked bacon rashers cut into 1cm pieces
1 Large Red onion cut into 8 (if onions are small use 2 )
1 Clove garlic crushed
1 Chopped and deseeded green chillis
1x 400g Can of chopped tomatoes in juice
600ml Hot Fish stock
300g Easy cook rice
¼ tsp. Black pepper
225g raw white fish
115g Cooked tiger prawns
100g Fine green beans – chopped
2 Fresh tomatoes cut into ¼
25g Flat leaf parsley
1. In a frying pan heat the oil and cook the bacon for a few minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic cook for a few minutes more.
3. Switch the slow cooker on to high and add the contents of the pan along with the chopped chilli, oregano, stock and canned tomatoes.
4. Cook for 30mins.
5. Add the rice and cook for 40minutes.
6. Stir well. Add the white fish, green beans, prawns and ¼ tomatoes.
7. Continue to cook for 30- 35 minutes more until the white fish is cooked through.
8. Serve garnished with pieces of flat leaf parsley.