500g Ground chicken breast meat
½ tsp. Chinese five spice powder
1 Garlic clove crushed
2 Red chilli – de-seeded and chopped
4 Spring onions – chopped
2tsp Soy sauce
1 Egg white
A good pinch of salt
20ml Olive oil
10ml Sesame oil
2tbs Tomato ketchup
1 ½ tbsp Vinegar
1 ½ tbsp Soy sauce
1 x 227g can Pineapple pieces in juice +
Hot water to make juice up to 175ml
1 Small carrot –peeled and cut into fine sticks
1 Small red pepper- de seeded and cut into 3cm chunks
1tbsp Cornflour + 50ml water to mix
1. Mix together the chicken ball ingredients in a bowl and shape into 20 balls.
2. Heat the oil’s in a frying pan and brown off the chicken balls. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do them in batches. Place in to the slow cookers ceramic pot.
3. Turn cooker on high. Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the chicken balls.
4. Add the chopped vegetables and the pineapple pieces.
5. Cook for 1 ½ hrs
6. Stir in the cornflour and water mix and cook for 20-25 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Serve with rice and prawn crackers