275g Easy cook rice
15ml Olive oil
5-6 cm Fresh root ginger – peeled and chopped approximately 25g
1 Garlic clove crushed
1 Mild red chilli’s – seeds removed and chopped
1 Spring onions – chopped
1 Lime - zest + juice
250ml Coconut milk
150ml Vegetable stock
20g Fresh coriander leaves
1 tbs Soy sauce
1. Turn the slow cooker on to high
2. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli cook for 30 –> 35 minutes.
3. Add the rice, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, hot vegetable stock and stir. Cook for 45mins – 1hr.
4. Stir once during cooking.
5. Stir in the fresh coriander and fluff up the rice before serving.
A creamy accompaniment to Chinese and Thai style meat and fish dishes.