2 litre dish or tin lined with baking parchment
200g Light brown sugar
200g Self raising flour
1tbs Cocoa powder
115g Plain chocolate
Filling and topping
200g Icing sugar
1tsp Vanilla extract
Extra chocolate to make curls or grate
1. Pour 3cm of hot water into the slow cooker and place in a support such as a upturned saucer. Turn on high.
2. Place a bowl containing the chocolate and milk into the slow cooker to heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Beat together the butter and the sugar.Mix in the eggs one by one.
4. Stir in the warmed milk and melted chocolate.
5. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
6. Pour in to the lined dish and cover with foil.
7. Top up the water level to ½ ways up the dish or tin.
8. Cook for 2 - 2 ½ hours.
9. Turn out onto a cooling rack and remove the parchment.
10. To make the butter cream; beat the icing sugar in stages into the butter and the vanilla. The icing should be light and fluffy.
11. Cut the cake in two through the centre point and spread ½ the butter cream on one piece.
12. Sandwich together the two pieces and top with other ½ of the icing.
13. Decorate the top with either grated chocolate or chocolate curls.
If you have a hand blender it takes all the effort out of making the cake and the icing.