Serves 4 (Using Kenwood Slow Cooker or Curry Cooker)
400g Chicken breast strips
2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Chilli powder
1 teaspoon Fenugreek
1 teaspoon Paprika
½ teaspoon Black pepper
½ teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Garam masala
2 Garlic gloves – crushed
20ml Olive oil
1 Onion - sliced
75g Green lentils
400g can Chopped tomatoes
227g can Pineapple rings + juice
150ml Chicken stock
3 teaspoons Lemon juice
3 Green chillies – de seeded and chopped
1 Garlic clove – sliced
1. Blend together the spice mix including the garlic in a bowl with a little water to make a paste.
2. Coat the chicken in the spice mix and marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and fry off the onion until it begins to brown.
4. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and fry for a few minutes to seal in the spices.
5. Pour the contents of the pan into the Curry cooker and add the lentils, tomatoes, pineapple juice and stock, stir well. Turn the Curry cooker onto high and cook for 1-1 ½ hours.
6. Add the chillies, pineapple rings and lemon juice, and stir. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
7. Melt the butter for the garnish and fry the garlic till browned.
8. Serve the curry in warmed dishes with some garlic butter pour over and a sprinkle of fresh coriander leaves.