(Using Kenwood Slow Cooker or Curry Cooker)
225g Ready to eat apricots – cut into ¼’s
150g Dates – roughly chopped
250g Light Muscavado sugar
150ml Cider or Wine vinegar
1 Orange (juice + zest)
5-6cm pcs Root ginger – approximately 25g when peeled and chopped
1 Red chilli – de seeded and chopped
½ teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoons Lemon juice
1. Place all the ingredients (apart from the lemon juice) in the Curry cooker, stir well and turn on high.
2. Cook with the lid on for 2 hours, stirring frequently in the first hour until the sugar has dissolved then stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
3. Remove the lid and continue to cook for 30-40 minutes until thick and sticky.
4. Stir in the lemon juice at the end of cooking
5. Pour into a warmed preserving jar with an air tight lid or jar with a cover.