Preparation Time: 15 Minutes plus Chilling
Cooking Time: 45-50 Minutes
Tools: Food Processing Attachment
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm (8 inch) fluted flan ring or tin about 4cm (1½ inch) deep. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Prick the base of the pastry case and line with greaseproof paper and baking beans. Bake blind for 15-20 minutes, removing the paper and beans after 10-15 minutes. Reduce the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Meanwhile using the Food Processing Attachment, fitted with the knife blade, coarsely chop the watercress and set aside. Chop the onion and place in a frying pan with the sunflower oil. Sauté until soft and golden, then stir in the watercress and cook for 1 minute, until wilted.
- Using the fine shredding plate, grate the cheese. Mix the eggs, milk, cream and seasoning together.
- Sprinkle the onion and watercress mix over the base of the pastry case, sprinkle over half the cheese, top with the smoked salmon and remaining cheese. Pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. Serve warm or cold.
Variation: For a traditional Quiche Lorraine, replace the watercress and smoked salmon with 150g (5oz) lean streaky bacon chopped and fried until golden and double the quantity of cheese.