- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Add the clarified butter and milk to the Kenwood bowl and combine using the K-beater on a medium speed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and Kahk essence into another bowl and add the sesame seeds.
- Combine the flour mix with the butter mixture and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and combined.
- Shape the dough into walnut-size balls and slightly press into discs.
- Using a serrated pastry crimper, press a sun ray pattern into the top of each ball.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool and dust with a generous amount of icing sugar before serving.
Kahk essence is a powdered spice of anise, fennel and Mahlab.