For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan, shaking off any excess flour.
- Whisk the eggs on medium speed for 5 minutes using the Kenwood machine.
- Add the sugar, clarified butter and oil, whisking continuously until well combined.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour to the egg mixture. Then add the milk and date molasses, continuing to whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- In another bowl, dust the dates and nuts with some flour and fold into the cake batter using a spatula.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and then carefully turn the cake out onto a cooling rack.
For the Date Glaze:
- In a bowl, mix the date molasses with the powdered sugar until homogenous.
- Place the cake on a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over the date cake and serve.