Don’t be fooled by this soup, it may be an incredibly easy soup to make, but it is also such a refreshing soup for a lazy summer lunch, superb with a glass of good white wine.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Peel and cut the cucumber length ways then scoop out the seeds.
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Place the cucumber, salt, garlic, spring onion, yoghurt and dill into the food processor bowl.
- Process to a smooth purée on high speed.
- To finish the soup attach the whisk.
- Switch the machine to low speed and whisk in the buttermilk.
- Traditionally we serve such soup in a bowl set over a bowl of ice. To finish the soup top with some chopped dill and garlic croutons.
Chef’s tips: To achieve a really smooth soup transfer the mixture to the liquidiser. The soup will only hold in the fridge for a couple of hours before it separates. If it does separate then just whisk it back together.