This soup is truly one of the classics and should grace everyone’s table.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Remove the bones and skin from the chicken breasts.
- Attach the thick slicing disc to the food processor.
- Slice the onions, garlic, and leek, remove from the bowl and reserve.
- Slice the potato in the food processor.
- Heat the butter in the saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic, leek and seasoning to the saucepan and cook until soft.
- Add the potatoes, chicken, herbs and stock to the saucepan.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and gently cook until the chicken and vegetables are cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove some of the meat and chop into a small dice.
- In stages place the soup into the liquidiser and purée.
- Add the chopped meat back into the puréed soup.
- Reheat and serve with a swirl of double cream and a scattering of chopped sorrel.