This dish may look difficult but in fact it is particularly simple, the main trick is to keep the entire mousse ingredients as cold as possible.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Ask your fishmonger to skin and debone the fish.
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Add the salmon and the herbs and process on high speed until the fish has broken down.
- Reduce the speed to 1.
- With the machine running add the egg white, prawns and seasoning.
- When the ingredients are combined, gradually add the cream. Place the fish fillet onto the chopping board.
- Spoon some of the mousse onto the fish and roll up (head to tail) to make a sausage.
- To hold the fish together pierce with a skewer.
- Place into the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Steam the fish for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked.
Chef’s tips: Only process the mixture until the ingredients have combined. If you over process the mixture you run the risk of the mixture becoming curdled. Instead of using skewers you can wrap the fish up with cling-film making it into a sausage and tie each end.