Any cut of beef will do for this recipe, but as it cooksfor such a long period don’t waste expensive cuts on it.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 3 ½ hours
For the marinade
The day before you plan to cook the dish marinade the meat.
- Place the wine, garlic and herbs into a plastic container.
- Cut the meat into 2cm dice then add this to the container.
- Leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
For the dish
- Strain the marinade through a colander and reserve themarinade liquid.
- Roll the diced meat in the flour.
- Attach the thick slicing disc to the food processor.
- Slice the onion, celery and carrots.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and brown the meat thenremove the meat from the pan and reserve.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in the saucepan, add the onions, celery,carrots and tomato purée and simmer for five minutes oruntil cooked and browned.
- Add the browned meat and vegetables, and cookfor 2 minutes.
- Add the marinade and stock slowly to avoid making thesauce lumpy, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, olives and tomatoes.
- Check the seasonings and adjust if required.
- Add the contents to a casserole pot and cover with the lid.
- Place in a preheated oven set at 120ºC and cook for 3 hours.