Preparation time = 10mins
Cooking time = 4-5 hours
Serves approx 8 – 10 meringues
- Whisk the egg whites at a high speed until stiff.
- Add half the sugar and continue to whisk until the mixture is glossy.
- Remove the whisk, fit the folding tool and fold in the remaining sugar using speed 2.
- Pipe the mixture onto trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 110°C/225°F/Gas mark ¼ for about 4 - 5 hours until firm and crisp. If they start to brown, leave the door slightly ajar.