This really is a favourite of the British and is so easy to make in your food processor. It can be prepared in just fifteen minutes.
Serves: 6 (22cm x 13cm loaf tin)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Brush the loaf tin with the melted butter then place the sugar into it.
- Rotate the tin around until all sides are covered.
- Invert the tin and tap the excess out and reserve in refrigerator.
To prepare the caramel sauce
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
To prepare the pudding
- Place the dates with the water into a saucepan and cook until softened.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Add the dates and purée.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until combined.
- Fill the tin tray three quarters full, cover with greaseproof paper and tie on with a piece of string.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes at 160°C.
- Turn out of the mould onto a serving plate and serve with caramel sauce.